Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun with plasticard!

So I picked up the new Chimera kit today from my local hobby store. I must say, aside from the lack of a vehicle accessory sprue, I was overall impressed with the new kit. The big thing for me were the tracks being tremendously easier to glue. I also liked the turret design, which makes for easier weapon conversions than the older model. I also picked up a package of plasticard tubing by GaleForce Nine and came up with this simple autocannon conversion:
Just a simple matter of cutting two different sizes of tubing and gluing it to the heavy bolter turret mount. The same method can be used for the older chimera models using a trimmed down multilaser as a base to make some unique looking autocannons.

The shop is still waiting on the GF9 plasticard sheets to arrive. I have some good ideas for those...I like the look of the ork trukks, and I really don't want to shell out $50 for the new hellhound kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment