Friday, November 26, 2010

Dark Eldar list, 1000 pts

I thought I'd try my hand at a DEldar list, instead of blindly buying every box of plastic crack I see and end up being forced to play with whatever I bought. Ok, here goes...

Archon- 145
-shadow field, combat drugs, agoniser, phantasm grenade launcher
Pretty much the standard Archon build from the previous codex. I'm not convinced on the huskblade/soultrap combo. I find it to be very situational, and this build is tried and true. PGL is for the squad of Incubi that the Archon will travel with.

Incubi x5- 170
-raider
I loved Incubi from the previous codex. When accompanied by an Archon, it makes a very scary unit capable of dealing out the hurt. With an Archon, the Klavex is overkill and the points are best spent elsewhere.

Kabalite Warriors x10- 185
-blaster, splinter cannon, Sybarite, raider
Designed for fly-by shooting. Splinter cannon/blaster combo for a little multi-functionality, and the blaster is useful for taking out the odd terminator in a pinch. Added a vanilla Sybarite for the leadership boost. No weapons for him. If this unit is seeing close combat, then I've done something wrong.

Kabalite Warriors x10- 185
-blaster, splinter cannon, Sybarite, raider

Wyches x10- 210
-razorflails, hydra gauntlents, Hekatrix with agoniser, raider
The CC/harassment unit. I'm under no illusions as to the limitation of Wyches. While being able to mow down GEQ, they will struggle against MEQ. Hydra gauntlets/razorflails due to model limitations, but unlike most units I really don't think having two different special weapons will hurt Wyches much.

Ravager- 105
-3 dark lances
Pretty simple here. Cheap and very effective armor hunter.

Total: 1000

Basic strategy:
Pray to the dark gods that I don't roll DoW. Get second turn and deploy in cover. I always try and opt for second turn with a fast army like this, so I can see where my opponent deploys and then deploy in a refused flank formation. Deploy in cover so I can survive the 1st round of shooting, then rush forward with everything I have towards my opponent's flank. Warrior squads in the lead, to soften up troops while the ravager and dark lances from the raiders take care of transports then higher AV vehicles(in that order). I then use the wyches and incubi/archon to wipe up whatever the warriors don't kill.




No comments:

Post a Comment